Sunday, December 10, 2017

Just Another Life Update...

Hey Bookworms! I know normally you're here to read and talk all things books, but since I've been getting a lot of feedback from followers on other social media outlets (Especially Instagram--💖) I figured I would do something a little different today. I know many of you are always curious of a Blogger's life outside of the blogging world. As I'm sure you can imagine, I've been fairly quiet these past months, simply because my life has drastically changed. So here we are, about to enter 2018, with new beginnings!


Wow where do I begin? Maybe it's best if I start from sort of the beginning? A little behind the scenes here for you guys! So I know I had posted about getting a manuscript done in hopes of being published by the end of the year....that never happened! My life got so insanely crazy, I've barely had time to really get to it.  I need to work on that though! I do have a few really good ideas that I feel a lot of people can relate to. I have managed to get a lot of writing done, but need some much needed vacation time to just sit in front of my laptop to write! After working in my field (I am an Early Childhood Educator who works in a Day care) for about six months in the School Age room, I was asked to move into the Toddler room starting the new year. I was so excited because I had actually been the Co-operating student in the same room not even a year prior. I've been working there since, and it's been amazing. However I now have received a new job at another location closer to the city, which I'm nervous about as well as it's a totally new environment, but still excited to have new ideas in an older age setting.


hilarious kermit the frog GIF

In February, I had lost a close relative to cancer. It really came as a shock for our whole family, and it definitely hit me hard. Cancer of all forms runs in our family, so we definitely have a hate-hate relationship with it...A long time ago my Cousin had actually bought me a book (Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Journal to be exact) and she had written this note inside, and within this note she had said "Don't ever lose the purity of your heart."  and it really stuck to me. At a time where I needed these words of encouragement, there it was right in front of me. So I had actually gotten her words, her handwriting itself tattooed on my chest. Now it does say "Loose" which is what she wrote in the note, but I didn't want to change the way she had it, because that would be changing her in some way. If many of you follow me on Instagram, you will know I had also posted my Quotation marks tattoos that I got as well, which will always be that my life isn't written or set in stone, that there are so many open ended things I can do.



Also in February, I got to interview the amazing Elly Blake. Honestly I was such a nervous wreck going into this, because most (actually all) of my other interviews were done through emailing! It was so amazing to be able to sit down, and talk about her book, her writing, and advice she could give to others. I can honestly say that I loved her book, as well as her! Elly Blake is so down to earth and kind! If you want to see that interview, click HERE.

In March, one of my best friends and fellow book blogger (and now future author!) had decided to create a book club! We got some of our fellow Romance lovers together and call ourselves the Racy Readers Bookclub. We are in fact on Instagram, and you can totally find us @racyreaders :)

In April, my brother came home to visit. Many of you don't know but he had moved away for work, and although I'm so proud of him, I of course miss him all the time. It's always amazing to have him home, because we clearly get up to some shenanigans when we hang out! As a family we went to New Orleans (Which I'm sure many of you have seen some of my photos on Instagram @Thegraduatedbookworm) and it was so amazing! We found this really old and cool bookstore that I could have spent so much time at. That was also around the time where I wanted to change my life...

You see for the longest time, I've always been on the plus size. I used to work for a plus sized store, couldn't always find clothes that I liked that I could fit into, or afford, and I was basically mentally, emotionally, and physically sick of looking at myself every day and hating what I saw. This isn't a pity thing, I'm literally laying all this out for you to know another side of me. So after going on vacation, I decided to work on myself. And that's where you will all notice my slow disappearance from the blogging and Instagram world. I focused on my health in all forms. I started working out religiously, eating how I should have been all those years ago, and regaining my self-esteem and finding myself along the way. I began to truly look at my life a lot differently, and realizing what I was missing out on. I no longer would apologize for the choices I made, even if it meant not making someone else happy. I was finally putting myself first, which I've never really done, and I got a new sense of myself. Slowly, I was shedding weight and demons from my life. I can say that as of today, I've lost 67 pounds, gone down about 4 sizes in all of my clothing, and couldn't be happier. I'm no where near finished with this journey, but I am incredibly proud of what I've accomplished along the way.



 I also got a brand new car (used new for me) so I could finally be more independent and not have to share a car (I love you still mom!!) It's allowed me to travel and attend more Bookish events, and continue with my blogging, as well as enjoy some more of my life. You see, even though I've been working on my weight and health, I've also been living my life more. I'm going to be real honest and say that Blogging and Bookstagram used to take up most of my life outside of working full time during the day, that I barely went out of the house. I would obsess over ensuring that I would have the perfect photos, and always post every single day. In all honestly, I would be wasting my free time taking photos, when I could have been doing more things I was loving. It was also draining. So of course with me moving away from social media, I've been doing more with my life, spending time with friends and family, and meeting someone special :)




Over this time, I met someone amazing along the way, and he honestly is my best friend and only #MCM. We've been together for a while now, and it's safe to say that I am in love. (I promise I won't get mushy...) Within my own journey, he came in when I began my new book (New life) at the perfect time. He has always been there for me, and always encourages and roots for my passions and dreams. I feel like we have known each other for a lot longer, and I can say (Even though it's corny) that my life seems like a novel...You may not believe it, but it's so true, and I am living the best life I ever have, and I'm the happiest I've ever been through all of this.

Now even though I've been away for so long, I am still trying to get more reading done. I'll admit especially during the holiday season, I barely have time to sleep let alone read! Keeping track of things have gotten out of hand, just because I've been so overwhelmed with my personal life that my blogging life has taken a step back. But please stick along for this ride, because I'll always be here to share reviews, post photos, and always here to talk on any social media outlet! I'll try to be more frequent that I have been these past months, but I won't be as active as I was before. A girl's gotta enjoy her life too you know...


i love you dustin GIF by NETFLIX


At this point, I think I've shared pretty much everything with you guys! If you have any questions, or want me to do more of these Life Updates (Trust me they will be much shorter!) please leave me a comment! Don't forget to follow me on Instagram and all my other social media outlets! I always love interacting with you all!


So until the next time, Keep Reading!!
Your Graduated Bookworm! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top