Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Paper Fools By: Staci Hart

Paper Fools (Hearts and Arrows #1)
Author: Staci Hart
Publisher: Promise Socks Publishing
Published: April 2017 (First Published Feb 2013)
Format: E-Book ARC
Pages: 299
Rating: 4/5
Summary:
Aphrodite knows love — just don’t ask her to figure out her own mess. 

Rather than deal with her sticky love life, she toys with the hearts of unwitting humans. It’s a little game she plays, and the stakes are high. Lucky for her, she’s just found the perfect match. 

Lex is everything Dean needs, but he can’t have her. 

It doesn’t matter that her eyes speak to a long forgotten part of him, or that her art and poetry touch his shredded heart. She’s off limits — crossing that line would implode his band and everything he’s ever cared about. There’s only one option: stay away from her, no matter the cost. Even if the price is his heart. 

Dean is everything Lex wants, but she can’t take the risk. 

The second she meets him, she knows her heart is in danger. She’s convinced it’s only attraction that has her hung up on the dark, quiet lead singer, but with every day that passes, she knows it’s more. It’s just that she can’t put her heart on the line. She won’t — love has never been worth the sacrifice. 

If only they knew they were just pawns in a much bigger game. And in the game of love, Aphrodite never loses. 


*Formerly titled Deer in Headlights, Paper Fools has been rewritten and reedited for your enjoyment.*

Review:
First I want to say a huge thanks to Staci and the people from Butterfly PR for sending me an ARC copy of the revised and edited book for an honest review! I also want to say a huge apology for the delay in my review, as things had gotten pretty hectic with me being busy and on vacation.

Now I will say that this book definitely has a lot of ups and downs, but towards the end of the book, so much happens that totally leaves you wanting so much more!! I think the reason why it took a while to fully get into the book was partially from the one perspective of the novel written from Olympus, which I didn't fully enjoy that much. I just felt like it could have been it's own novel.



I will admit that I totally had the feels for Dean while reading this novel. Something about Lex and Dean really had me intrigued and wanting SO MUCH MORE!! I couldn't get enough of their story! I was really addicted to see how they would progress and what the ending would turn out to be.

For me, although I definitely didn't love reading the Olympus story, I did really enjoy reading about how their little "game" really made life change for more ways than one. I thought that Dita clearly had a lot going on for herself and almost like her life was being portrayed in a way within the human in New York.

Throughout the novel, I honestly don't think I've laughed so much! There were so many little comments and quirks that I loved!! The connection between the Gods, and the connection between all of the characters living in New York really made the entire novel compelling. I felt what all of the characters felt, and you could definitely get the pain and heartache that really shined through from the start all the way to the end. Ugly crying may have occurred at one point...



So obviously in between this story, you are totally getting like three other relationships happening, and although I was sort of mixed up on two, or not as interested in a couple of them, I really would love to read more stories of some of these characters! (If you've read this, you'll totally know who I'm talking about!!)


"His lyrics hit her deep in a part of herself that she didn't speak very often, the pace that whispered of love and forever and the loneliness of looking for things you didn't know were real."

Like I said before, there was honestly so much pain and heartbreak happening in this novel that I wasn't really sure what I was going to do, or what was going to happen! I felt like it was an emotional roller coaster, and there was no stopping to it! What I didn't really enjoy was the fact that I felt like their story was too short. Like they didn't get more happening, or the ending came too fast for the relationship, there should have been more to amplify it all.

Of course I found some more quotes that really drove this book home!

"As he took shape in her page, her heart cracked and chipped while she wondered how someone so beautiful could be so broken."

"The test never ended, the trials never stopped, the finish line was a dream, And all he ever wanted was to pass the test. Reach the end. All he ever wanted was to be free."

"Because her heart had already opened up, even if just a crack, and he found a way in."


Overall I really did enjoy this novel, I felt like there were some great highs with it, and definitely pulled at the heartstrings, especially of the fact that this totally felt like cupid playing their games with humans on heart. I just felt like there could have been a little more heat, little more connection and a little longer of a story for both perspectives.

That's all for my review of Paper Fools!! I hope you liked it and I definitely would encourage you to check it out!!

So until the next time, Keep Reading!
Your Graduated Bookworm!! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top