Sunday, April 2, 2017

March Book Haul!!

It's that time of the month again, where I show you all a crazy stack of books that will probably sit on my shelves for far too long than I would like, while I continue to add more to my collection! At least I can say that this month's haul isn't as bad as last month, and if you follow me on Instagram then you will have seen my giant stack of books that I could only talk about there!



Stranger Than Fanfiction By: Chris Colfer
I received this finished copy (along with an ARC copy) from Hachette Books Canada (Thank you!) and I am so stoked to read about it. I mean it totally sounds like Chris Colfer's life in a way...duhh! But it still sounds so cool!! 

Cash Carter is the young, world famous lead actor of the hit television Wiz Kids. When four fans jokingly invite him on a cross-country road trip, they are shocked that he actually takes them up on it. Chased by paparazzi and hounded by reporters, this unlikely crew takes off on a journey of a lifetime




Dream Things True By: Marie Marquardt
I picked this up online in the bargain section for he Hardcover, and honestly I am so in love with the look and synopsis of this story!!


A modern-day Romeo and Juliet story in which a wealthy Southern boy falls in love with an undocumented Mexican girl and together they face perils in their hostile Georgia town.






Like It Never Happened By: Emily Adrian
Another amazing snag in the bargain section (I'm seriously notorious for finding these gems here!)

When Rebecca Rivers lands the lead in her school’s production of The Crucible, she gets to change roles in real life, too. She casts off her old reputation, grows close with her four rowdy cast-mates, and kisses the extremely handsome Charlie Lamb onstage. Though “The Essential Five” vow never to date each other, Rebecca can’t help her feelings for Charlie, leaving her both conflicted and lovestruck. 



Immaculate By: Katelyn Detweiler
I've seen this book around the Instagram world for a while, and I am definitely enticed to read more about it!

Mina is seventeen. A virgin. And pregnant. Mina is top of her class, girlfriend to the most ambitious guy in school, able to reason and study her way through anything. But when she suddenly finds herself pregnant—despite having never had sex—her orderly world collapses. Almost nobody believes Mina’s claims of virginity. 




26 Kisses By: Anna Michels
I kid you not, I've been picking up and putting back down this book for so long, I swear I must have left a mark... This has been on my TBR for a while, and when I saw it go on sale, I had to snatch it before it was sold out!!

Getting dumped by her boyfriend is not how Veda planned on starting her summer. When Mark makes it clear that it’s over between them, Veda is heartbroken and humiliated—but, more importantly, she’s inspired. So she sets out on the love quest of a lifetime: use the summer to forget about Mark, to move on, and move up. All she has to do is kiss twenty-six boys with twenty-six different names—one for each letter of the alphabet.


Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between By: Jennifer E. Smith
Another great find from the bargain section, and finally a way to complete my collection (so far) although the rest are in a paperback. C'est la vie...

On the night before they leave for college, Clare and Aidan have only one thing left to do: figure out whether they should stay together or break up. Over the course of twelve hours, they retrace the steps of their relationship, trying to find something in their past that might help them decide what their future should be. 




Romancing the Throne By: Nadine Jolie Courtney
I received an ARC copy of this by the lovely people over at HCC Frenzy/ Harper Collins Canada! So excited to read this book! #royaldrama

For the first time ever, the Weston sisters are at the same boarding school. After an administration scandal at Libby’s all-girls school threatens her chances at a top university, she decides to join Charlotte at posh and picturesque Sussex Park. Social-climbing Charlotte considers it her sisterly duty to bring Libby into her circle: Britain’s young elites, glamorous teens who vacation in Hong Kong and the South of France and are just as comfortable at a polo match as they are at a party. 



Finding You (Destination Love 3) By: Jo Watson
I received this book from Hachette Books/ Forever Romance as well, and even though it's the third in a book, it can be read as a standalone, and I am definitely stoked to read it!

Being adopted never made Jane Smith feel unloved, just unlike the rest of her family. As her twenty-fifth birthday approaches, she is struck by an overwhelming longing to finally find her place in the world. So in a very un-Jane-like move, she books a last-minute ticket to Greece to find her birth father and the real Jane. All she knows about him is it that he was a tour guide named Dimitri.



Home Run (The Boys of Summer #2) By: Heidi McLaughlin
I received this as well from the lovelies over at Hachette Books Canada! Thank you!! I haven't really read too many sports romance, but I have definitely been collecting them as well as getting more rec's from my Racy Readers Ladies!

Cooper Bailey finally has a shot at being a major league ballplayer, but it will take all his focus and energy during spring training to make it happen. Complicating things is his instantaneous connection with Ainsley Burke. He can't get enough of her, and before he knows it, they're spending every night together. But as happy as he is off the field, his focus on it is suffering, and he isn't willing to risk his lifelong dream over a girl.


Dating You/ Hating You By: Christina Lauren
I received this book from a fellow Racy Reader member who happened to get an entire set for our group from the amazing people at Simon and Schuster Canada!

Despite the odds against them from an embarrassing meet-awkward at a mutual friend’s Halloween party, Carter and Evie immediately hit it off. Even the realization that they’re both high-powered agents at competing firms in Hollywood isn’t enough to squash the fire. But when their two agencies merge—causing the pair to vie for the same position—all bets are off. What could have been a beautiful, blossoming romance turns into an all-out war of sabotage.  



Fly Me By: Daniel Riley
Another awesome book sent to me by Hachette Books Canada! (Thank you!!) This is definitely a different book than one I would normally pick, but like I've said before, I'm trying to expand my genre's.

A nation on the verge of a new era-and a girl caught between her past and the ever-expanding present. The year is 1972, and the beaches of Los Angeles are the center of the world. Dropping into the embers of the drug and surf scene is Suzy Whitman, who has tossed her newly minted Vassar degree aside to follow her older sister into open skies and the borderless adventures of stewardessing for Grand Pacific Airlines. 


Being Sloane Jacobs By: Lauren Morrill
I got this book at a dollar store while I was picking up supplies for my classroom, and I am seriously in shock with the amount of books that end up there! So crazy!!

Meet Sloane Emily Jacobs: a seriously stressed-out figure-skater from Washington, D.C., who choked during junior nationals and isn’t sure she’s ready for a comeback. Now meet Sloane Devon Jacobs, a spunky ice hockey player from Philly who’s been suspended from her team for too many aggressive hip checks. When the two Sloanes meet by chance in Montreal and decide to trade places for the summer, each girl thinks she’s the lucky one: no strangers to judge or laugh at Sloane Emily, no scouts expecting Sloane Devon to be a hero. 


Panic By: Sharon M. Draper
I am pretty sure I actually have a hardcover of this book already, but when I saw a paperback at the dollar store as well (seriously!!) I couldn't help but get it "just in case..."

Diamond knows not to get into a car with a stranger. Then Diamond might make the wrong decision. It’s a nightmare come true: Diamond Landers has been kidnapped. She was at the mall with a friend, alone for only a few brief minutes—and now she’s being held captive, forced to endure horrors beyond what she ever could have dreamed, while her family and friends experience their own torments and wait desperately for any bit of news.


Crazy House By: James Patterson & Gabrielle Charbonnet
I received this as well from Hachette Books Canada, and although this is not the final cover I received, I'm sure that whichever one they pick it'll be epic!

Seventeen-year-old Becca Greenfield was snatched from her small hometown. She was thrown into a maximum-security prison and put on Death Row with other kids her age. Until her execution, Becca's told to fit in and shut her mouth... but Becca's never been very good at either. Her sister Cassie was always the perfect twin. Becca's only hope is that her twin sister will find her.



  
All our Wrong Todays By: Elan Mastai
Honestly, I've never heard of this author or their books, but when Chapters Indigo sent it to me for their book club, seeing that they were Canadian definitely piqued my interest! 

You know the future that people in the 1950s imagined we'd have? Well, it happened. In Tom Barren's 2016, humanity thrives in a techno-utopian paradise of flying cars, moving sidewalks, and moon bases, where avocados never go bad and punk rock never existed . . . because it wasn't necessary. Except Tom just can't seem to find his place in this dazzling, idealistic world, and that's before his life gets turned upside down.


Strange The Dreamer (Strange The Dreamer #1) By: Laini Taylor
I received the final copy and ARC copy of this gorgeous book by Hachette Books Canada 💖💖 and I am totally excited to read a new series!

The dream chooses the dreamer, not the other way around— and Lazlo Strange, war orphan and junior librarian, has always feared that his dream chose poorly. Since he was five years old he's been obsessed with the mythic lost city of Weep, but it would take someone bolder than he to cross half the world in search of it. Then a stunning opportunity presents itself, in the person of a hero called the Godslayer and a band of legendary warriors, and he has to seize his chance to lose his dream forever.


Infinite in Between By: Carolyn Mackler
I've read Carolyn Mackler before, and I've had this on my TBR for a while as well, so it was real easy to pick it up in the bargain section for the hardcover as well!! Not gonna lie, the paperback cover looks even more gorgeous too!!

 Zoe, Jake, Mia, Gregor, and Whitney meet at freshman orientation. At the end of that first day, they make a promise to reunite after graduation. But so much can happen in those in-between years. . . . Zoe fears she will always be in her famous mother’s shadow. Jake struggles to find the right connections in friendship and in love. Mia keeps trying on new identities, looking for one that actually fits. Gregor thought he wanted to be more than just a band geek. And Whitney seems to have it all, until it’s all falling apart around her.


The Unlikelies By: Carrie Firestone
I received an ARC from Hachette Books Canada as well for this book, and honestly, even though I haven't read Carrie's other book, they both are on my TBR and I am so excited to read this!!

Rising high school senior Sadie is bracing herself for a long, lonely, and boring summer. But things take an unexpected turn when she steps in to help rescue a baby in distress and a video of her good deed goes viral. Suddenly internet-famous, Sadie's summer changes for the better when she's introduced to other "hometown heroes."




Alright Bookworms!! I hope you enjoyed my March Book Haul! Let me know if there is anything you want me to read ASAP or if you feel like buddy reading any of these books!!

So until the next time, Keep Reading!
Your Graduated Bookworm!! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top