Thursday, September 8, 2016

All of the Lights By: K.Ryan

All of the Lights
Author: K. Ryan
Publisher: CreateSpace
Published: August 2016
Format: E-Book ARC
Pages: 410
Rating: 5/5
Summary:
Two households. One secret that will change everything.

I was raised to believe his family was nothing but trash.

I was raised to believe her family was the root of all evil.

I sent his brother to prison.

I should hate her for what she did.

I’ve never fought a day in my life.

I’ve fought every day of my life.

I need him to help me find answers.

I need her to set the record straight.

I should stay away from him.

I should walk away from her.

But I can’t.

But I can’t.


*This book is a standalone, contemporary/mystery romance and is intended for readers 18 and older*



Rating:
Okay, I first want to say thank you so much to K.Ryan for sending me a copy of this lovely book for an honest review. I also want to say thank you and that I am very Honored to be mentioned in your acknowledgements section, it means the world to me! I appreciate your friendship and support (and of course your talent for writing!) **This in no way changes my review at all**

Well flip me over and call me done, because this book was outstanding! And I truly mean that! Personally, after reading All of the Lights, I found this to be even better than The Carry Your Heart duology! There was so much more happening in this novel, that I found to be on a whole new level of amazing!

Right from the beginning you get captured in Rae's story, and just get caught up with her past sneaking into her present. Of course right at the beginning she also happens to meet the amazing Jack who is just...
bachelorinparadise  season 3 episode 6 abc twinsbachelorinparadise  season 3 episode 1 silly tongue

I really liked how throughout the noel, you really got more of a modern vibe of Romeo and Juliette with two families at odds. And for good reasons of course! I loved how there was quite a bit of pop culture referenced within the book, as it really made it easier to relate. The connection that Rae and Jack have is definitely not something that I've really seen in a while. It's undeniable for sure, but at the same time so incredibly complicated. I love the witty banter that they seem to have at certain moments, and it just keeps me smiling!


"Even though my hands are shaking and tears are still flowing down my cheeks, I feel strong for the first time in my life. I feel like I finally have purpose. I feel like I finally have some power."

So from the beginning you see Rae as someone who is a total jellyfish who doesn't seem to be able to stand on her own when it comes to facing issues. She usually just pushes it all over, and won't stand up for herself, which I felt was such a shame. Of course throughout the novel, you begin to see her bloom and show that she is tough, and is capable to stand on her own. I really loved how even from the beginning, she actually had this sort of power within her that she probably never realized until push came to shove, and she rose even further.

"Today my weakness becomes my strength."

Rae has dealt with a lot of hardships in her life, and when she gets tangled with Jake, I find that they both somehow help one another become stronger, and at the same time heal from the many wounds and weight they were carrying for so long.

love couple hug

Alright, so moving on from the love-fest, I have to say that there are certain people in novels that I dislike, but wow Hate is coming in true form in regards to one specific person. I can't really reveal who, because it would spoil like the entire novel! I just didn't expect that this person would do all of the things, especially towards the end with only two chapters left!

Speaking of which, HELLO CURVE-BALL! I mean just when you think things are going well BAM it takes a turn. Or just when you think you have finally figured out what is going on, in comes another wave of disaster! I don't know how many times I was on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen, and then completely freaking out when the shoe finally dropped! The anxiety I felt towards Rae and Jack was intense! I felt like I was actually in the novel and I was trying to help solve all of the secrets that begin to get uncovered.

I definitely got all the feels from beginning to end. It was such a roller-coaster ride of emotions, and I almost couldn't handle it! From the Balcony scene, to finally fighting for what they want, and right up to the end when I kid you not, there was about two chapters left, and I was wondering how it was even possible for so much to happen....AND IT DID!

vmas  shocked vmas shock key and peeleshocked oprah oprah winfrey   absurdnoise  tv 80s shocked gary coleman

SO I did have quite a few quotes I found that really resembled so much in this story, I just had to share them!
"I want to walk away.
I want to wrap my arms around her
But I can't."

"You can dress a predator in the finest linens and leather, but at the end of the day, a predator is still a predator."

"Caught in a storm with her is the only place I want to be. And so we fall, tangles limbs and murmered embraces, headfirst with hearts and arms open, bodies and souls in beautiful tatters."

Overall I really loved this book! Definitely one of my top favourites to date! I loved how raw it really became and how well stripped K.Ryan was able to make these characters. I had moments of laughing straight to anger and then crying. You really feel pulled towards Rae and her life, as well as Jack. I personally would love to see a continuation or a side story based on Lucy and what happens after all of this! This book was definitely not something I have really read before, and I found that it twisted so many components into one book, and it was just...WOW! I could totally see this becoming a movie, and I must say that this is the kind of book that more people should be reading and get more notice!! Amazing!

So that's my review of All of the Lights! I really hope you enjoyed it, and I really encourage you to get a copy and read it!!

So until the next time, Keep Reading!
Your Graduated Bookworm!! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top