Sunday, November 1, 2015

Find You in the Dark By: A. Meredith Walters



Find You in the Dark (Find You in the Dark #1)
Author: A. Meredith Walters
Publisher: Gallery Books
Published: June 2014 (originally October 2012)
Format: Paperback
Pages: 368
Rating: 5/5
Summary:
Maggie Young had the market on normal. Normal friends, normal parents, normal grades...normal life. Until him.

Clayton Reed was running from his past and an army of personal demons that threatened to take him down. He never thought he had a chance at happiness. Until her.

Maggie thought their love could overcome anything. Clay thought she was all he needed to fix his messy life. That together, they could face the world. But the darkness is always waiting.

Sometimes the greatest obstacle to true love is within yourself.

Review:
OH EM GEE!! Normally I don't go all fangirling over a book, and normally I don't obsess over books, but this was one to remember! I am telling you this book had all the feels and even when you start to feel different about one character, you wind up back to the start of how you felt!

So from the beginning you do get the sense of a stereotypical guy and girl teen romance. Never in my eyes, did I think that it would have gone to the extent it did! Now I can't really explain everything, otherwise I would be spoiling the book. If you have read it then you will completely understand everything that I'm discussing. Leave your thoughts below as to what you thought of it!

So A. Meredith Walters has a great writing style and the entire story was just so beautiful! From start to end, I loved everything about it, because it didn't feel like another romance novel between two teens. Now the story is based off of two teenagers in high school, but as I was reading it, I never really got the sense that they were only 17 years old. The entire time I read this book, I was just completely engulfed into the story, and everything it was about. Never once did I think back to the age, because they never really reflected teens now a days. At least not to the full extent.

Man does Clay have a soft spot for me! I know that he is the "Bad Boy" in this novel, but he is everything but. I see a boy who is in need of true love and acceptance from someone, and that is what I got from Maggie. She gave Clay everything he needed (even if he didn't want it) and Clay gave Maggie everything she never imagined (but maybe needed). There were so many ups and downs, and at certain points I was just yelling--to myself--that they should be doing the opposite of what was happening. Although I was extremely happy by how it never went the way I wanted it to. It made the story more real.

The sarcasm, love, and needs they both had for each other was just palpable and I couldn't get enough! Also, nice touch on having a connection to books and music! I know that most people put some sort of connection, but I think that all of us being a bookworm, we can appreciate the love that was put there.

There were two quotes that stood out for me from the book, and they really made me think, as well as clearly see how it captures the entire novel.

"It was too easy to lose myself in his company. He was like a drug and I was hopelessly addicted."

"I worried for a moment, as I fell asleep, that his love would eat me alive."

As I read those lines, I could see that Maggie was totally in love with Clay as well as Clay with Maggie. They came from different areas of their life, and somehow became this amazing, yet disaster of a beautiful relationship.

I don't know about you, but for me when I read a book that I like I am really enjoying everything about it. But when I LOVE a book, I feel like I have just been put right inside the novel (and I RARELY get that feeling, so she did a number on me! Huge Book Hangover let me tell you!). I honestly felt that with this, and sometimes forgot that I was out in public while reading this...Oops!

Like the cover says, this book is heart-wrenching. It swallowed me up, and let me feel every emotion within 300 pages! There were times where I wanted to tell Maggie to leave Clay, and times where I loved the fact that she stuck by his side when no one else would--including his own parents.

Finally, the last couple chapters of the book really got me going! Maggie finally stuck up for herself to Clay's mother (as well as some other moments I don't want to spoil). When that scene happened I was feeling a little like this...


yes animated GIF The Grinder animated GIF


The last thing I can say was that letter that was written had me.....


ugly crying animated GIF



Overall this book was just great, and I swear I would be ugly crying like that if I received a letter like that. The writing was honestly beautiful. The story line was just amazing. The relationship went through hell and back, and it was just overall amazing. There is talk about serious issues, and I really liked the fact that she put a page on getting help, and how helping people could actually save a life. LOVE LOVE LOVE! If you haven't read this, I urge you to do so!! 


So that is it for this long, and loving book! I hope you liked it, and let me know if you like having the gif's put in there.

So until then, Keep Reading!
Your Graduated Bookworm! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top