Thursday, August 27, 2015

Book Haul!

Hello Bookworms! As you can tell this is my third Book haul in the last...what three weeks? I know I have an addiction--just look at my Instagram page! I'm hoping that this will be my last book haul for the month of August, as I am going back to College again very soon. Some of these books that I have today are ones I've been wanting for a while, and thanks to some Chapters Bonus cards, I was able to get them all! Most of these books, I'm sure you all have heard and are thinking, MORGAN! how could you not have read these yet?!! Well I assure you bookworms, I'll be getting on board, and trying to get as many of these famous reads on my shelves read! So lets get started with (hopefully) this last haul for August! ;)




Wicked By: Gregory Maguire
When I was in high school, we were told to read certain books for an assignment, as I'm sure most of you have. I really wanted to read this one, but unfortunately someone else took it before I had the chance to. I've never seen the musical, but I've always wanted to read and watch Wicked. So I finally got my own copy! (the pages are green!!) This story, is from the Wicked Witch's point of view, and how she became so mean and cruel.
Love In Maine By: Connie Falconeri
As I walked through Chapters, I tend to notice a few (a lot of) bargain books, and this happened to be one of them. As you probably know, I really like romance novels, and I have been getting more into the NA fiction, and somewhat out of the YA (but I still love YA!)

This story is about a girl, who has been sheltered her whole life, and has never had to do anything in her life. That is until a lost bet makes her move to Main and start waiting tables...and possibly a new romance blossoms? I wonder how that will go!



Throne of Glass By: Sarah J. Maas (Books 1-3)
 I have heard A-M-Azing reviews on this series, and I know that the fourth one has just come out as well. I really hope I like it! I picked up this cool cover box set the other day. I like the blast of colour with the white background! So from reading the first book synopsis, this series is about an eighteen-year-old girl who is a trained assassin, that is faced with a choice: for freedom, she must fight the most gifted thieves and assassins. So either live or die, but with a cost...






The Defiant By: Lisa M. Stasse
I picked up the second book in the series (hardcover) when it was in the bargain section. I then picked up the first, and figured it was time to get the last so I could binge-read the series, as I like to do most times.

This series is about a girl names Alenna who takes a test, which has predicted her future. As she faces the possibility of being banished from her community, she realizes that there are more like her. they face impossible decisions as well as trying to keep running from those who are after her.



Looking For Alaska By: John Green
As I'm sure you know, I am a sucker for all things John Green (check out my Top Ten Tuesdays page) This book not only looks amazing, but I've heard great things. He even won an award for Ya Lit on it!

Miles Halter is all about the last word, but when it comes to Alaska Young, he gets instantly drawn into her world, and possibly falls in love.




Trouble is a Friend Of Mine By: Stephanie Tromly
This book I received in my Owl Crate Subscription (Check out the unboxing!)
It's been a while since I have read a Mystery book, but after hearing about this, I think it'll be a good change of genres that I have been reading.

They say it's Veronica Mars meets The Breakfast Club. A guy named Philip, who shows up at a girls house. But before Zoe know's it, she brings Philip into a mysterious schemes related to a kidnapping. I foresee romance mixed with hilarious wit? :)


Another Little Piece By: Kate Karyus Quinn
This book was a quick grab while cashing out, and I will admit that the cover caught my attention. All I know is that it's about a girl who is trapped inside a body that isn't hers, and she tries to solve a puzzle from all the lost girls who ended up the same way. Very Mysterious.

This Star Won't Go Out By: Esther Earl
This Biography/story has been going around for so long, and I never had the chance to pick it up for myself. Finally I have one, and It may become my next read. I have heard amazing reviews on this book, and that John Green was close to Esther Earl, and he even has a little blurb inside.

This story is about a girl who battles with cancer, and all of her journal entries as well as drawings and photos are inside. I Don't normally read biographies on people (mainly, because they're not always interesting) but I think that this will be the book that gets me into bio's.



There we go Bookworms, that is-I'm hoping- all of my books for the end of August. I think that this month was mostly collecting, as I probably will not be buying as many books during the school year. Let me know what you think of these books, and which ones I should be reading first!! I'd love to hear from you! 

So until then, Keep Reading
Your Graduated Bookworm :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top