Thursday, September 29, 2016

September Book Haul PART 2







Welcome back bookworms! I probably should have sent some more books over to my Part 1 as I have so many this time, It definitely got a little crazy this month! I would say I'm in need of a new bookshelf, however there is currently no room for one! Which means that I will now have to triple stack my books...let's get started!







Taking Flight (Taking Flight #1) By: Colleen Young
I was sent a copy for review by Colleen herself, and I am super excited to be reading this! This is the first in a trilogy, and the other covers are basically the same, and it looks so cool!!

Cory Sorrano finds herself at the Southern Gulf University without knowing a single person there. Chasing her dream of being a female pilot, she is beginning to feel the pressure...that is until she bumps into Samson Wallis.
Fangirl By: Rainbow Rowell
So I actually have the Indigo Exclusive edition of Fangirl. This one would be with some bonus content and beautiful fan art on the inside! I have been wanting to get this book FOREVER but just never picked it up!

Cath is a Simon Snow Fan. Like hard core! So when Cath goes to college, she has been placed on her own without a roommate she wanted, and a crazy group of people who are way out of her comfort zone. Is she able to get past it all and be an adult?
Ten Tiny Breaths and One Tiny Lie(Ten Tiny Breaths #1-2) By: K.A. Tucker
Alright, so finally I have picked up the infamous Ten Tiny Breaths series (well the first two) that I've had a friend tell me so much about and how I needed to get the books! Well here we are!

There's not much I can say about book two, because I clearly haven't read anything about this, so let's just talk about book 1.

Kacey Cleary's life has been pretty intense since the drunk driving accident. Trying to put the pieces back together one at a time, and is slowly getting there except for her little sister Livie.

On the run, they only have two bus tickets and the dreams of living near the coast, they start to put it all behind...until things begin to rise. 
Becoming Rain (Burying Water #2) By: K.A. Tucker  
So I figured while I was doing a little binge shopping on K.A. Tucker, I would also pick up book two in this series.

I do have book one, and no I haven't read it yet, so there will be no spoilers here! (who wants spoilers anyway??)

All of the Lights By: K. Ryan
So I recently read this and loved it! I just really wanted a physical copy to have, and I'm so glad, because it looks way better than the ebook version!

This is the story about two households living with plenty of secrets, however one big secret will change everything for them. It's definitely a type of Romeo and Juliette, but so much more intense feels!! 
Carry Your Heart and Carry You Home (Carry Your Heart #1-2) By: K. Ryan
So I recieved these for a review from K. Ryan a long time ago, and I've always been in love with her writing! I was so exited to finally be purchasing my own copies to have, because this is definitely an enticing duology!!

This is the story of Isabelle Martin stepping into Sawyer Auto Repair hoping to get a job. Of course there she meets the boy whom she once went to school with but never ran in the same crowds. As her stay becomes longer than expected, things begin to unravel, and sparks begin to happen in the repair shop...


 Facade (Games #2) By: Nyrae Dawn
So I was hanging out with a friend when we decided to go to the nearest dollar store for a hunt for some chocolate and other items, when I found this sneaking out from the rest of the books in the store! I am telling you, if you have a dollar store near you, check it out, because you may just find a gem hidden in there!

After Delaney Cross's father commits a crime, she has packed up her car and set out to find the people who hurt her father. As she begins to uncover bits of what happened, it leads her right to Adrian Westfall, a man who has his own set of painful memories hidden under his facade.



I Followed the Rules By: Joanna Bolouri
I had this book on my wishlist for I don't even know how long! When I had my free $100 to spend from collecting my plum points at Chapters, I went and picked this up finally!!

Cat Buchanan is 36 and lives with her daughter. She's a journalist who has promised to follow "The Rules of Engagement" to help her find the man of her dreams...but if she's on a deadline, will it end up being a dud? 
The Reece Malcom List By: Amy Spalding
I recently saw that Amy Spalding was having a new book to be released soon, and I decided to check out more of what she has written. Here I found this interesting book and decided to add it to my cart!

Devan knows very little about Reece Malcom until the day her father dies. Now being shipped to live with the estranged mother, she has a list of entries in a notebook that doesn't completely add up.
Furious Rush By: S.C. Stephens
So my amazing bestie @floralsndragons actually got me this book for my birthday and I was so shocked! It's funny because literally the day before she messaged me about it, and I was SO CLOSE to getting it myself, but couldn't find it (and the fact that I had about 4 other books in my arms at the time)

Mackenzie Cox has a lot to prove when it comes to the world that she was born into. Of course when the newest rider, Hayden Hayes comes into the picture, things begin to get a little more risky than racing bikes...
Under the Lights (The Field Party #2) By: Abbi Glines
So I knew that this was coming out, but I was holding out for a paperback copy (which you cannot get right away in Canada) because I already had book one in a paperback. So online I went, and found a paperback copy on Book Depository! 

This is the second book in the series, and is a follow-up to the first book. I don't want to say much, even though I heard each book can be read as a standalone. All I will say is that it's about a lot of teens from a small town and a lot of drama!
P.S. I Like You By: Kasie West
I had recently signed up again for this special Owl Crate box which was all about YA High and I was so pumped to get the box! I will say that I wasn't overly happy with the extremely long delay in it arriving, but everything that was inside made up for some of that! 

I've been wanting to read this ever since I saw the cover! Lily has an anonymous pen pal who she exchanges full-on letters to. However with them sharing secrets and opening up, things may become a little more public than they hoped for.
The Brilliant Light of Amber Sunrise By: Matthew Crow
I've seen this cover floating around for a long time in the Bookstagram community, and I was so happy to find a copy on the shelves, and picked it up without hesitation! 

Francis Wootton is fifteen when he definitely has not been given the luckiest of cards. A broke big brother, and a selective memory grandmother are just the beginning. When Francis's life begins to get more hectic, in comes Amber A tough nut to crack, and definitely one of a kind!
The Runaway Princess By: Hester Browne
I found a copy of this in the bargain section, and I was really caught by the florals on this cover! 

Amy Wilde is tired of her flatmate Jo trying to set her up with the mountain of idiots. So when she meets Leo, things are beginning to change for her. However Leo's lifestyle is a world away and not one she is used to living. Could things get rough before it even starts?
 I Am Malala By: Malala Yousafzai and Christina Lamb
A while back when I was in college, I had a class that wanted to do a project about an issue with society. I decided to talk about the Gender Gap and the differences that we had in the past and what we have now. I initially wanted to read this book to help with the project for certain reasons, however there weren't any copies available for me at the time! But I have still been interested in checking it out, so when I found the hardcover in the bargain section, I had to get it!

For those of you who don't know, this is the story of Malala who decided to speak up about education and ended up being shot. Very few expected the fifteen year old to survive, yet she managed to recover and has taken on a huge role as an influencer around the world.


Identical By: Ellen Hopkins
I was actually told by a friend that Ellen Hopkins is pretty amazing with her writing and I've always been interested, but never actually picked up a book! So when I was recommended Identical, I set out to find a copy!

This is about Kaeleigh and Raeanne who are identical twins. As daughters of a district-court judge, they are obviously always on ON mode for the media. However behind each facade, they both have their own dark secret... 
Where Am I Now? By: Mara Wilson
OKAY! So can we just take a moment to remember the amazing movie that is Matilda? Because she was seriously my book guru, even though I never really realized until now...and a few cool booknerd quizzes online (yes I took it!)

This is her memoir of growing up as a child star, and  how she was always the youngest on set, and learning so much at such a young age. I have been wanting this for so long! When I skimmed through I found a photo of her and Robin Williams, and lets just say it was emotional!
This is War (The Checkmate Duet #1) By: Kennedy Fox
I received both a physical and e-book copy of this book for review by the authors. Yes you heard that right! This is the work of two authors working as one to bring you a pretty awesome and very sexy read! 

Travis King is more than a bad boy, with all the right things. However for one girl, he happens to be the roommate of her brother, and she's about to play at his own game... (can I just say I'm already fangirling at the moment??)
Silent Kingdom (Silent Kingdom #1) By: Rachel L. Schade
EEEK! Okay, so many of you don't know but Rachel is a friend I met over on our Bookstagram community from the book club Clockworkreaders. She has been working on her own novel, and I was so fortunate enough to read it at a beta stage, and now being able to hold the finished copy is so unbelievable! 

This is the story of Halia discovering that she has a mysterious ability to see visions that reveal the truth. Of course when a power like that reveals something she never imagined possible, it's time to run...and set the truth free while staying alive.
Replica (Replica #1) By: Lauren Oliver
So I believe that I own a few books by Lauren Oliver, however I don't believe I've actually read any of her books... I am excited though, because she is doing a signing with a couple other authors in October, so I'll be waiting to see her then!

This is technically two stories in one, as you discover the lives of Gemma and Lyra who've somehow found each other at a hospital, where they begin to work together and uncover some secrets that will change their lives forever.
See Me By: Nicholas Sparks
I've been a fan of Nicholas Sparks, even before I read his books. Sounds weird, but true! So when I found a paperback copy of this gorgeous cover at Costco (yes Costco...) I had to grab it!

Colin Hancock is getting a second chance and giving it his all. Maria Sanchez is the daughter of Mexican immigrants who has a degree from Duke Law School and a job at a prestigious firm. When the two collide one night, sparks begin to fly...but will their past cause problems, or mend them?





Alright, that is my final book Haul for September! Whew! What a long one! I'm hoping to reduce the amount for October, however since there are a few book signings in my area, I may have more! Remember, if there are any of these you want a review of ASAP, leave a comment below!!

So until the next time, Keep Reading!
Your Graduated Bookworm!! :)

1 comment :

Back to Top